Carers come from every walk of life. Regardless of age, gender or culture, if you are looking after another person on a regular basis, you are a carer. Every carer’s story is unique and many do not see themselves as a carer, they feel they are fulfilling a role that anyone else would do in a similar situation.
Our Carers Hub supports over 1,000 unpaid carers in Perth & Kinross. We help people be individuals first, carers second.
The Carers Hub is split into 3 services; Young Carers support those aged 5 – 15 years of age, Young Adult Carers those aged 16 to 24, and Adult Carers individuals aged 25 and older.
How can PKAVS Carers Hub help you?
- By providing information, support and advice, including:
- Information on support services for carers and how to access them, including key contacts
- Information and guidance on respite opportunities
- Financial advice i.e. Carers Allowance, Self-Directed Support
- Advice on guardianship/power of attorney
- Information on Carers Rights
- Referral to Carers services to offer tailored support to meet your needs
- Signpost you to relevant services that can meet your needs
- A calendar of events and training for Carers including support groups, conferences and much more
- A forum for carers and professionals to offer peer support
Our goal is to help carers to have a voice. We want to give you the tools to be able to manage your caring role in an effective way and to plan for the future so that you can have a life outside of caring.
“A carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support”
Whether you just need a chat, or would like to find out more about the support available to you, give our team a call today on 01738 567076 or visit our dedicated website