12th NOVEMBER 2019
The Gateway, North Methven Street
Perth and Kinross
PH1 5PP Scotland
Free Mental Health First Aid Training
2 Day course 12th and 19th of November 2019. 9.30am - 4.30pm. Only 7 Spaces are available. For bookings contact email@example.com
This 2 day course will equipt attendees with information on how to apply the 5 steps of Mental Health First-aid.
Training will cover;
- How to respond if you believe someone is at risk of suicide.
- How to give immediate help until professional help is available.
- What to say and do in a crisis
- The importance of good listening skills
- Practice listening and responding
- Understanding recovery from mental health problems
- Understanding the connection between mental health problems and alcohol and drugs
- Understanding the connection between mental health problems and discrimination
- Some basic information about common mental health problems
- Self help information.
This course runs across 2 days (12th and 19th of November).
Attendees must be able to attend both sessions in order to complete the training.
Lunch is not provided.