24th OCTOBER 2019
09.30 - 16.30
The Gateway, North Methven Street
Perth and Kinross
PH1 5PP Scotland
Leadership & Communication
This full day workshop will provide participants with an introduction to what is meant by leadership.
We will explore different leadership styles, what enables good leadership in Social Care and how we can all motivate each other to build great care.
Communication is core to great leadership therefore participants will work together to discuss effective communication skills in the context of social care practice, what barriers exist to achieve these and what they can do to ensure focussed conversations.
Who is it for?
First line managers or staff working towards this, who have contact with and provide support, care, treatment to people accessing health and social care services.
What will I learn?
All participants will be able to show that they:
- Understand the key concepts and definition of leadership
- Recognise the skills and qualities required to be a good leader
- Understand the key social care drivers and enablers and their responsibilities as a Social Care or Health Care worker in this
- Are able to promote and build leadership in care
- Recognise effective communication skills in Social Care practice and solutions to barriers to achieving these
- Enable person centred focussed communication when working with people who access services.
This workshop will be provided by Insight Coaching & Consultancy Ltd.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.