Carers Centre Administrator (Young Carers) (Maternity Cover)
£17,902 per annum
Fixed Term Contract (up to 12 months)
35 per week
21st October 2021
29th October 2021
Carers Centre, Lewis Place, North Muirton, Perth, PH1 3BD
Job Title: Carers Centre Administrator (Young Carers) (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £17,902 per annum
Contracted Hours: 35 per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term – up to 12 months
PKAVS is a leading local charity in Perth & Kinross, enhancing lives and connecting communities through diverse services in the areas of Carers, Mental Wellbeing, Minority Communities, Third Sector support and Volunteering. Every year, PKAVS enhances the lives of over 5,000 local people, helping them to overcome barriers and achieve their goals. PKAVS is also the Third Sector Interface for Perth & Kinross, supporting and developing the Third Sector and enhancing the Sector’s role in Community Planning.
PKAVS Carers Services supports unpaid Carers of all ages who are living in Perth & Kinross and caring for family, partners, friends or neighbours. Our trained staff and volunteers help over 900 carers of all ages, retain a life outside of caring and develop skills or interests to enhance their own lives. PKAVS uses a holistic approach in working with people who have caring responsibilities and their families to assess and plan support. Supports can include access to training, respite services, information and advice, and support groups.
To deliver a professional and friendly, efficient reception and administrative service with an emphasis on customer service to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of our customers, clients, service users and visitors and to provide administrative support to the Young Carers team and to ensure the effective and smooth running of day to day work.
This role will also involve an element of General PA support to PKAVS Carers Hub manager. This will involve such tasks as diary management, minute taking and other general day to day assistance as and when this is required.
- To provide excellent customer service for colleagues, visitors and clients.
- To develop and implement processes for the effective management of young carers referrals and information.
- Maintain and develop systems to track the distribution and authorisation of young carers grants and payments.
- Administer young carers service programmes including respite groups, trips, residentials and taxi bookings.
- Processing consent forms and maintain the spreadsheet for Identification Cards for PKAVS.
- Processing volunteer information and maintaining files.
- Administer systems for credit card statements and purchases.
- Administer petty cash and systems for the carers centre teams.
- Assisting the coordinator with the monthly data reports (inputting data).
- Provide support for and undertake assorted projects in support of the Carers Hub.
- Other generic administration duties that the carers hub manager and young carers coordinator may require.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting and greeting all colleagues, visitors and clients in a professional manner.
- Franking mail and processing all incoming and outgoing post.
- Ordering resources as directed for young carers and carers hub services.
- To log incoming referrals and keep track of progress.
- To maintain and update the young carers database.
- To oversee the development of database systems.
- Meeting room booking diary management.
- Setting up and clearing meeting rooms.
- Ensuring PKAVS reception area, meeting rooms are maintained to a high standard.
- Opening and locking the building when required.
- Printing PKAVS wide Identification Cards and using the software.
- Effective communication of service activities.
- Effectively plan and organise tasks and priorities.
- IT Capabilities including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access & PowerPoint.
- An understanding of legislative requirements with regard to Data Protection, Freedom of Information and volunteering legislation.
- Carry out general PA duties as and when required by PKAVS Carers Hub Manager.
- Support Carers centre first aid and fire safety administration and procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of tasks and the postholder may be asked to undertake any other duties in connection with their post. Job descriptions are reviewed frequently and may be amended at any time in accordance with the needs of PKAVS. Any changes would need to be discussed with the postholder.
Offers will be made subject to satisfactory references, PVG check, and eligibility to work in the UK.
Please find the job description and an application attached. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
View all vacancies