Information & Advice Development Officer (Bulgarian)
23,064 per annum pro rata
19th May 2019
19th May 2019
The Gateway, North Methven Street
We are looking for a highly motivated person to work within a small, supportive and dynamic team. You will be required to provide multi-lingual and culturally sensitive information, advice and support to Bulgarian Community in Perth and Kinross to enable increased access to mainstream statutory and voluntary services. You will raise awareness of the issues facing the Bulgarian community with key stakeholders, particularly in relation to accessing services. You must have a flexible approach, working in collaboration with team members, volunteers and external agencies. Experience of working with and being able to engage directly with Ethnic Minority Groups in general and Bulgarian community is an essential element of this role.
- Raise awareness of statutory and voluntary services to people from Bulgarian community in Perth and Kinross area.
- Work with local organisations such as CAB, Welfare Rights team, Housing Advice, Business Gateway, Skills Development Scotland, GrowBiz and other parts of Perth & Kinross Council to address the gaps between these services and ethnic minority communities.
- Raise awareness of serviced offered by Minority Communities Hub through representation of the service at various locality partnership meetings and other network meetings.
- Work in partnership with local authority and external agencies to ensure future sustainability of the service.
- Provide feedback to the Hub manager and key Partners on any barriers Bulgarian Community may encounter in accessing services in order that Partners better meet their needs.
- Source and apply for service delivery funding.
- Maintain, develop and sustain links with people from ethnic minority communities in Perth and Kinross.
- Identify and address key barriers preventing people from the Bulgarian community from accessing mainstream services.
- Establish and promote Minority Communities Hub as a one stop shop for all ethnic minority communities in Perth and Kinross.
Please find the application form and job description attached. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Offers will be made subject to satisfactory references and eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 19th May 2019.
View all vacancies