Young Carers Support Worker
18,394 - 20,499
19th August 2019
19th August 2019
PKAVS Carers Centre, Lewis Place, North Muirton, Perth, PH1 3BD
We are looking for a highly motivated person to work within a small, supportive and dynamic team striving to recognise and enhance the potential of young people. Whilst a relevant qualification is desirable, experience of working with and being able to engage directly with Young people and their families is an essential element of this role.
You will be involved in developing and delivering a range of group sessions/activities to Young Carers between the ages of 5-16 years. You will assist with the planning, preparation and evaluation of the group work programmes.
You must have a flexible approach, working in collaboration with team members, volunteers and external agencies in developing and participating in a range of activities and services delivered during school holidays, in the evenings and on weekends for Young Carers.
- Delivery of respite support activities including weekly respite groups and day and residential school holiday activities.
- Provision of One-to-One support.
- Raise awareness of unidentified Young Carers and support Young Carers already identified.
- Champion the rights and well-being of Young Carers through raising awareness sessions through the delivery of presentations at schools, community groups and other external agencies.
- The provision of family support, including signposting, to appropriate support services to help lessen the impact of the caring role on Young Carers.
- Complete small pot funding applications to assist with delivery of service.
Applications from all groups are welcome, however, males are encouraged to apply for the role due to men being under-represented in the team. Reference is made to section 158 of the Equality Act 2010.
Please find the job description and an application form attached. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Offers will be made subject to satisfactory references, PVG check and eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications: Monday 19th August 2019
Interview date is yet to be confirmed.
View all vacancies