Young Adult Carers Support Worker
26th August 2019
26th August 2019
Carers Centre, Lewis Place, North Muirton, Perth, PH1 3BD
We are looking for a highly motivated person to work within a small, supportive and dynamic team striving to recognise and enhance the potential of young people. Whilst a relevant qualification is desirable, experience of working with and being able to engage directly with young people and their families is an essential element of this role.
You will be involved in developing and delivering a range of support mechanisms for Young Adult Carers between the ages of 16-25 years. You will assist with the planning, preparation and evaluation of the support packages available to them and will be responsible for the future development and sustainability ensuring that the needs of Young Adult Carers are being met.
You must have a flexible approach, working in collaboration with team members, volunteers and external agencies in developing and participating in a range of activities and support services being delivered.
- To provide appropriate support to young adult carers; help them identify their needs and the impact caring has.
- Ongoing design and implementation of a project plan clearly outlining the key objectives and performance indicators underpinning the successful delivery of the Young Adult Carers Project.
- To raise awareness of the Young Adult Carers Project within statutory and voluntary service providers within Perth & Kinross.
- Champion the rights and well-being of Young Adult Carers through raising awareness sessions through the delivery of presentations at schools, colleges, job centres and community groups and other external agencies.
- Working in partnership, with local authority agencies and NHS Tayside to ensure future sustainability.
- Sourcing and applying for service delivery funding
- Support the smooth transition of young carers into young adult carer support services and young adult carers into adult carer support services.
Please find the job description and an application form attached. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Offers will be made subject to satisfactory references, PVG check and eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing date for application is Monday 26th August 2019
Interview date is yet to be confirmed.
View all vacancies